Re: about GNU Hurd

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: about GNU Hurd
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 07:39:40 +0200 (CEST)

      I would like to request yet again that we stick with Mach, or
      ditch the Hurd completely and use Linux.  Linux is already
      capable of doing everything we ever could imaging for the Hurd,
      it would be far easier to get Linux do all the other funky
      things we'd like than rewritting the Hurd.  Seeing that nobody
      wishes to maintain the Hurd, and Richard doesn't see any good
      candidates as maintainers for the Hurd, the only sane and
      logical solution is to put an end to the project.

   Maybe this is what will happen after all though I do not like this
   idea at all. As I am not skilled /capable to code an OS myself, I
   can't, as you do, ask people to stop what they are working on for
   so many years (decades ?).

What makes it easier is that this is what is being asked anyway by
saying that Hurd-NG will be the next Hurd.  But yes, what you say is
true.