Re: about GNU Hurd

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: about GNU Hurd
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 12:52:55 -0400

      Linux is moving more and more towards a very
    hybrid kernel, that is looking more and more like a microkernel.  It
    already does several things that we already do, user level file
    systems and drivers for example.  It already does several things that
    we would like in GNU/Hurd as well, USB support, sound, petabyte
    support for filesystems, ext3, ..., the list goes on.

If your point is that using GNU/Linux systems is useful, you need
not argue this.  I already agree with you.  However, they are not
the GNU system.  They are something different.

Meanwhile, as long as people are interested in working on the Hurd,
let's keep doing it.