Re: A way to boot with stowfs

From: Praveen A
Subject: Re: A way to boot with stowfs
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:52:06 +0530

2007/9/8, Alfred M. Szmidt <address@hidden>:
>    ams, Can we try this with a stow only snapshot? I have tried it with
>    your last snapshot and it works.
>
> I don't understand.  If it works with the latest snapshot, why
> wouldn't it work with another one?

Because

* We have not tested it with unionfs  (currently all files in / are
symlinks to files under /stow)
* You have promised a new snapshot when we figure out how to boot with
stowfs :-)
* We have an installer and we could make it work with stow if we have
a snapshot which uses stow
* TLS support to glibc is a important new feature to go for a new
snapshot I think
* We like new releases :-) Incremental new changes rather than waiting
for a perfect new system

Cheers
Praveen
--