Re: GNU Mach

From: olafBuddenhagen
Subject: Re: GNU Mach
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 13:07:36 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 12:54:17AM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> People have mentioned several issues in GNU Mach (in particular, there
> was one good summary by Olaf, but heck if I can find it in the
> archive.  Do you guys never change the subject lines?)  But there was
> at least one glaring omission, and one that is in my opinion Given the
> Of course it is impossible to give a comprehensive review of all
> issues, but at least this one deserves particular mention, because it
> is so obvious.  If you ever did I/O-intensive work on the Hurd, you
> know what I am talking about.
>
> GNU Mach does not have any resource accounting, and it has very poor
> resource scheduling.

Actually, I did mention it as the very first problem, though only in one
sentence...

Anyways, thanks for the nice summary :-)

BTW, the message you were looking for is

   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnu-system-discuss/2007-09/msg00071.html

Guess how I found it? By searching for "resource" :-)

-antrik-