New Version of Hurd LX Installer Uploaded

From: Raghesh A
Subject: New Version of Hurd LX Installer Uploaded
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 10:40:09 +0530

Hi,

The New version of Hurd LX Installer is uploaded to sourceforge.
Earlier the installation was Debian specific. Now it has been changed
to work with the GNU/Snapshots provided by ams.

The Image and source code is available at

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hurdlx

Could you please test the installation and give suggestions to make it
more stable and robust?

I think it could be useful for interested users to test out Hurd
without wasting their time more by following the time consuming
installation steps. The installation script written in shell automates
the steps explained in

http://www.update.uu.se/%7Eams/GNU/README-install

As explained in this README, when the system is booted for the first
time, we have to give a 'reboot' to get a login prompt thereafter. We
are trying to automate this also. We found that there is a script
named '/libexec/runsystem'. Is this the right place to put the code
for automatically rebooting the system only for the first boot?

Thanks and Regards,
Raghesh