Re: A proposed Roadmap

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: A proposed Roadmap
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 19:55:07 +0200 (CEST)

            The Linux development is managed by a person who doesnt
            agree with the ideals of the free software movement. I
            cannot trust that person. AFAIK the copyright holder for
            Solaris is SUN. I cannot trust that company.

         This is also the main reason I want a GNU kernel. I have an
         idea of what is a free software and this idea is not "shared"
         by Linus. Linus is concentrating in the technical aspect only
         whereas I want something 100% free. Off course, something
         free but not working is pretty useless ;)

      Linux can be made 100% free (see gNewSense for example), so this
      is not a useful argument against Linux.

   The current linux kernel licencing does not guarantee it.

The same is true for the Hurd of GNU Mach.  It is even more true for
Mach since Mach is not licensed under the GPL.

   Furthermore, gNewSense seems "dead" or at least, it did not attract
   many people. Is that still the case ?

I do not know, I use it and am happy with it.