Re: Introducing GNU Guix

From: Adam Sampson
Subject: Re: Introducing GNU Guix
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 22:32:44 +0000

> Is Stow still useful, or should we think of Guix as a replacement for it?

Stow is definitely still useful. I'm aware of two universities that use
it internally for package management on large numbers of POSIX-ish
systems, and I maintain a GNU/Linux distribution that uses it for
package management (GARStow, which was the basis for GSRC).

Something like Guix is the right way to go if you're designing a new
system from scratch, but Stow is very effective for simple package
management inside an existing system.

--
Adam Sampson <address@hidden>                         <http://offog.org/>