What to call Guix

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: What to call Guix
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 00:20:32 -0500

I am thinking about the idea of calling Guix "the reference distribution"
of GNU.  That term seems inappropriate in two ways:

* It comes from "reference implementation", which means an
implementation intended mainly to be studied when making other
implementations, rather than for real use.  Guix is not meant
only to be studied.

* It suggests something that is basic and not at all fancy, whereas
Guix is an innovative experimental approach.

This leads me to think of calling it an "avant-garde distribution".
Perhaps "The GNU Project's avant-garde distribution of GNU/Linux".

This also avoids the undesirable effect of suggesting that other
free distros are rejected.

What do people think?

--
Dr Richard Stallman