Re: What to call Guix

From: Jude Rubini
Subject: Re: What to call Guix
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 21:40:25 -0500

I like it. What's a better alternative? And can I get paid for distributing this coding on a private site? In no way shall I change or altar it but I can distribute it.

Free license.

What kind of programming does GUILE GUIX stand for. IP FUNCTIONALITY?

Can it be combined with like _javascript_ or html5 or Php GPG PGP or anything human brain hacking VPN's because I think a simple coding system could be great for intellectual property.

I'm outdated. Anything better for this type of language.

And where can I go to get a little more Server IntellectualProperty visuals hotspots VPN's and ghost armor. Where can I find live servers. How can I connect with the underground. Please do not be overwhelmed and if someone privately needs to contact me reach me at address@hidden

On Saturday, January 17, 2015, 白い熊 @相撲道 <address@hidden> wrote:

On 2015年1月16日 21:21:25 CET, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote: --
>We cannot give it a name like that.  To call a distro "the GNU system
>distribution" would come across as a rejection of gNewSense, Trisquel,
>etc.  Those distros are important contributions to our community, and
>promoting them is an important goal for the GNU Project.
>
>Therefore, my decision is that the GNU Project will not name a distro
>by a name that appears to say it is above all other distros in
>importance to us.  I'm also the judge of whether any name has that
>problem.

I like GNUix very much. In light of the above it's even more attractive.

It doesn't downgrade any other distro, yet with a very clever letter play brings to mind GNU as well as Guix.

It's short, has a nice sound, utilizes the historical -ix ending, it seems to me to be esthetically pleasing.

Doesn't depend on system/distribution... puzzling for a newbie.

Finally, has "mascot" potential - we could develop a mascot, who would be called "GNUix", I guess a Gnu of some sort and then incorporate him into the logo of the distribution.

I think this would be a very good name.
--
address@hidden

--