Re: What to call Guix

From: Svetlana Tkachenko
Subject: Re: What to call Guix
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 08:26:19 +1100

Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

>   > How about /Pioneer/?
>
> We could call it Pioneer GNU/Linux; that is an ok name.
> Not as clever and funny as Guixotic, but if the Guix developers
> prefer it, I will go along.

This name I think is already taken.

http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=pioneer
"Pioneer Linux, a product of Technalign, Inc, is a desktop-oriented,
Kubuntu-based distribution targeted at new as well as experienced Linux users.
The product comes in two flavours: as a freely downloadable live and
installation CD, and as a commercial boxed edition with CrossOver Office and
technical support."

--
Svetlana