Re: Freedom 0: the utilitarian vs. the deontologist

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Freedom 0: the utilitarian vs. the deontologist
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 04:07:19 -0500

   > Regardless of whether it's due to not having an account, due to
   > your proxy being blocked or due to user incompetence, your
   > ability to access the data had nothing to do with your freedom to
   > use the software.

   Of course it does.  It's already been established that "stopping"
   someone using wget in the manner they want suppresses freedom 0.
   Here you're just stating the contrary position without actually
   countering what you've quoted.

Freedom 0 does not give you a right to access someone elses software
on a different machine.  It only gives you the right to use the
software that you _already_ have, on _your_ machine.  That is all
Freedom 0 says.

   > You want to download from gnuradio.org using wget.

   Not just that.  I want to download from gnuradio.org using wget to
   proxy over Tor.

Something that works.