gnu3dkit-dev

[Gnu3dkit-dev] Event model

From: Matt Brandt
Subject: [Gnu3dkit-dev] Event model
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 23:50:05 -0500

I was looking at GLUTKit and I got to wondering why you wanted to invent a new event model instead of using the standard cocoa event model. I'm no authority on GNUStep but I would expect it to implement the same event model as cocoa. It seems like we would be giving up some commonality of interface with the rest of the foundation by implementing different mouse and keyboard events.

Is this something that changes in 0.4, or is there some deep reason for doing things this way? It seems like for an application that has some non-OpenGL windows as well as a G3DCamera that the programming will suffer from the duality. I would rather see something that implements the view model (G3DView?). For that matter, why not base the camera on NSOpenGLView?

Matt