gnu3dkit-dev

Re: [Gnu3dkit-dev] g3dbezier isEqualToBezier:

From: Philippe C . D . Robert
Subject: Re: [Gnu3dkit-dev] g3dbezier isEqualToBezier:
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 19:19:56 +0200

Hi,

On Tuesday, October 15, 2002, at 05:06  Uhr, Brent Gulanowski wrote:
I am confused about this. If I am misunderstanding or ignorant of OpenStep feature, please explain.

G3DBezier's -isEqualToBezier: method uses NSMutableArray's -isEqualToArray: method, which in turn uses the contained object's class override of isEqual:. In this case, the contained class is G3DVector3f, subclass of G3DTuple3f. However, G3DVector3f does not override -isEqual:, instead it uses G3DTuple3f's -isEqualToTuple3f:.

The behaviour of G3DBezier is probably not correct, you are right.

My question is, how does NSMutableArray know to use the correct isEqual? Is this taken care of in the runtime somehow?

I assume it does take the wrong one (isEqual:) and thus fails when you change a controlpoint... But on the other hand I don't want to override isEqual: on the vector/tuple. So I think we should fix G3DBezier's implementation directly.

Anyone?

-Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert