gnu3dkit-dev

Re: [Gnu3dkit-dev] NSOpenGL and etc.

From: Brent Gulanowski
Subject: Re: [Gnu3dkit-dev] NSOpenGL and etc.
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 13:24:05 -0500

On Monday, November 4, 2002, at 04:00  AM, Frederic De Jaeger wrote:

Here is the patch, if someone wants to play with.
It is very unstable.

http://thoran.free.fr/gl.tgz

There is no instruction.
For the backend, you need to regenerate configure with autoconf, and
config.h.in with autoheader.

It is only possible to attach a GL context to a view that is already
on screen!  By the way, what are the corresponding limitations on
macosx ?  I could not find it in the docs.

It has to be a valid drawable, yes. You're right, they don't say that explicitly in the documentation. But this is why everyone waits until the first call to drawRect: to set the context's view. I find that odd and a bit clumsy, but my attempts to find another more reasonable point at which to set it up all involve a delay which leaves the view unpainted for a brief moment.

The exception to this is if one subclasses NSOpenGLView, which sets the context in its implementation of LockFocus. I had to create a subclass of NSOpenGLContext to figure that out.

--
Brent Gulanowski                                address@hidden

http://inkubator.idevgames.com/
Working together to make great software.