gnuastro-devel

[gnuastro-devel] [task #14190] Tests in make check usable independently

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [gnuastro-devel] [task #14190] Tests in make check usable independently
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 07:23:22 +0000 (UTC)

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

Gnuastro's tests are written specifically to be run within `make check'. But
in many contexts, it is useful to be able to run the tests independently (on
the installed package, and not necessarily on the built package).

One particular context where this can be useful is Debian's CI checks (when a
dependency is updated, these tests will be run on the installed
programs/libraries). With the great help of Ole Streicher, Gnuastro will soon
be availabe in Debian's packages.

Doing this shouldn't need much modification, we can define a variable in
Automake and in the scripts we can check that variable to see if we are in
`make check' or not.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?14190>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/