gnuastro-devel

[task #16388] define the stride and the type of padding in Gnuastro

From: Faezeh Bidjarchian
Subject: [task #16388] define the stride and the type of padding in Gnuastro
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2023 11:18:33 -0400 (EDT)

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Effort: 0.00

Follow-up Comments:

Date: Sat 08 Jul 2023 03:18:31 PM UTC By: Faezeh Bidjarchian <fbidjarchian>
For implementing the CNN in Gnuastro, we need so many functions. Fortunately,
many of these functions are available in Gnuastro. But there are some options
in some operations like Convolution that have not been considered in
Gnuastro.
In machine learning, There are three main types of padding: same padding,
valid padding, and causal padding.
Also, We can determine the stride of the kernels that scroll over the whole of
the input. Therefore, If I used the same padding and the stride of 2, we have
to determine 2 layers of zero beside the row and column of the input.

In Gnuastro, there is no way to specify the stride and the type of padding in
the convolution operation. So we must add these options so that the user of
machine learning can select every desired option.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?16388>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.gnu.org/