gnuastro-devel

[task #16402] define an option to determine a percentage of input values

From: Faezeh Bidjarchian
Subject: [task #16402] define an option to determine a percentage of input values
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 17:27:16 -0400 (EDT)

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Effort: 0.00

Follow-up Comments:

Date: Thu 20 Jul 2023 09:27:14 PM UTC By: Faezeh Bidjarchian <fbidjarchian>
In some cases, we need to select a percentage of the input for the output. For
instance, in CNNs, if we want to use every single neuron, the complexity of
the network increases, leading to an overfitting problem.
To address this, we may use dropout layer techniques to randomly delete some
neurons.

Similarly, in other programs, we may need to choose some number of inputs. We
can define an option, such as --rowperrandom=0.2, to determine the percentage
of values that we want to keep or delete.
For example, if we set this option to 0.2, it will keep 80% of the original
values and delete the remaining 20%.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?16402>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.gnu.org/