gnuastro-devel

[sr #110941] converting wcs-to-img asttable does not work

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [sr #110941] converting wcs-to-img asttable does not work
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2023 10:32:19 -0400 (EDT)

Update of sr #110941 (project gnuastro):

             Assigned to:                    None => makhlaghi

Follow-up Comment #1:

Thank you for the good question.

*Summary:* the solution is given in this section of the Gnuastro book (the
'--gridfile' feature of 'astwarp'):
https://www.gnu.org/software/gnuastro/manual//html_node/Color-channels-in-same-pixel-grid.html

*Detailed:* Using Crop was the old solution to have several images (filters in
this case) in a pixel grid with the same size. But it would just select the
NxM pixels around the central coordinate. The Crop command you quoted, didn't
take into account sub-pixel difference, rotations or distortions that may be
present from one image to another and can cause inaccurate results.

Because of these issues, with
[https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/info-gnuastro/2022-10/msg00001.html
Gnuastro 0.19], we added the '--gridfile' option to the Warp program. It will
solve all the issues above and ensure that the pixel grid between different
images is identical. For an actual hands-on demonstration the power of the
'--gridfile' option, see this
[https://peertube.stream/w/uq7SBDYZS1HRtJwCkbcDsz introduction video] by
Pedram (author of this feature).

Please let me know if this fixes the problem.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?110941>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.gnu.org/