gnuastro-devel

[bug #52295] Cosmology library integrals crash for high z

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [bug #52295] Cosmology library integrals crash for high z
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2024 19:42:56 -0500 (EST)

Update of bug#52295 (group gnuastro):

             Assigned to:                    None => alteholz

Follow-up Comment #7:

Thanks a lot Thorsten for the nice fix; and thank you very much Boud for
confirming the fix :-).

The fix has been merged into the 'master' branch of Gnuastro as
[https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnuastro.git/commit/?id=d6447d2b26 Commit
d6447d2b26] (I rebased it over the lastest 'master' branch and done some
stylistic fixes to make it fit into Gnuastro's
[https://www.gnu.org/software/gnuastro/manual/html_node/Coding-conventions.html
coding conventions]). Some tips in this regard:
* Keep lines below 75 characters.
* We do not use any capital letters in variable names.
* Start the comments with capital letters (as in how you write a normal
English sentence: a comment is basic English, not code).

Another important tip: do not put two independent bug fixes or tasks to be
merged in the same branch (this commit was placed on top of the commit for bug
#46225). I had to separate your commit from that of bug #46225, since I don't
have time to check both at this moment ;-).

Thanks again for the nice fix Thorsten.

Thanks also Boud for the comments regarding speed. I agree that things can be
greatly improved, as you mentioned, the problem is primarily the time needed
to develop this; especially that the speed of this calculation has never been
our bottleneck so far; so there has always been higher priority bugs/tasks.

Ultimately, as
[https://www.gnu.org/software/gnuastro/manual/html_node/Building-custom-programs-with-the-library.html
mentioned in the main Gnuastro tutorial], if this is indeed the bottleneck for
some project, they can fix it with custom program (which is easy through
Gnuastro's library) ;-).

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?52295>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.gnu.org/