gnucap-devel

Re: [Gnucap-devel] python (was: Re: [Help-gnucap] getting started with g

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] python (was: Re: [Help-gnucap] getting started with gnucap)
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 22:52:37 +0100

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 08:08:56PM +0100, Patrick Mulder wrote:
> > (is setup.py not obsolete?)
>
> yes, indeed, I think it's doing the same as we are trying with the actools

it should, there's something wrong with it.

> 1) adding the numpy include directory in the resulting Makefile:
>
> CXXFLAGS = -g -O2
> -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/numpy/core/include/

-I stuff goes to the preprocessor, hence you would use "CPPFLAGS".

you could do
$ make CPPFLAGS=-I<stuff>

$ ./configure CPPFLAGS=-I<stuff> should also work (but doesnt)

>   Referenced from: ./_gnucap.so

there is some setup/autotools confusion here. i think _gnucap.so has
been generated by setup.py

> Mainly the IO::mstdout is now puzzling me....

that might be a consequence of the wrong _gnucap.so. i have pushed
a patch. something else is missing still.

thanks
felix