RE: [open-cobol-list] a program that doesn't compile

From: William M. Klein
Subject: RE: [open-cobol-list] a program that doesn't compile
Date: Tue Feb 10 12:36:06 2004

I agree with you that using Low-Values in a mixed COBOL/C environment is
probably going to lead to "undesirable" side-effect.

ON THE OTHER HAND, the behavior of Low-Values in a COBOL program is "well
defined" and is something that must be supported by the compiler and
run-time and will continue to appear in many application programs.