[open-cobol-list] Re: Forthcoming CVS update

From: Roger While
Subject: [open-cobol-list] Re: Forthcoming CVS update
Date: Wed Apr 6 04:01:14 2005

OK. I believe I have fixed the endian problem with the OC tests.
Just waiting for confirmation.

You can download a preview of forthcoming CVS OC here:
http://www.sim-basis.de/ocnew.tar.gz

This untars to direcory "ocnew".

For those that did not know, other than OC's own tests
(run with "make check"), there is the possibility to run the
Cobol85 NIST tests.
Go to the "tests/cobol85" directory and read the README.
(You need to grab a file from the web)
Uncompress the file ("newcob.val.Z") and place it
("newcob.val") in the "tests/cobol85" directory.

Note - The uncompressed file size is 28MB and this gets chopped out into
the test programs; so make sure you have enough disk space.
(I would suggest a reserve of at least 100MB)

Then within this directory run "make test".
This can take a long time depending on the speed of your box !.
It is expected that you will see compile failures/warnings while running the test.
However, the final command in the test is a diff of the expected summary
results and the actual summary results. This should not produce any differences.
If it does, post.

If you are hacking OC, you should run both OC's tests and the Cobol85 tests to check
that you haven't screwed up. (Yes, I have done it more than once myself!)

Roger