[open-cobol-list] Dokus & File processing

From: maik vogel
Subject: [open-cobol-list] Dokus & File processing
Date: Thu Jul 21 02:44:11 2005

hello, these question are to the developer of open-cobol, the members can
help too, of cause:

first some short questions:
where can i find more detailed doku of cobc?
where can i find doku of the .conf-files?
where can i set the compiler options?
some inet-links?

the other question is not so short:

this is my infile:
      FD  ES1COBOL
           RECORDING F
           LABEL RECORD STANDARD
           BLOCK 0 RECORDS
           RECORD 80 CHARACTERS
           DATA RECORD ES1-COBOL.

       01  ES1-COBOL.
           05 FILLER               PIC X(80).

       FD  ES2DCOPY
           RECORDING F
           LABEL RECORD STANDARD
           BLOCK 0 RECORDS
           RECORD 80 CHARACTERS
           DATA RECORD ES2-DCOPY.

       01  ES2-DCOPY.
           05 FILLER               PIC X(80).

the prog completes the line-numbers and finds some special keywords, but the
last isnt very important yet. the file is in unix-format:

and this is the output:
       FD  ES1COBOL
           RECORDING F
           000043RECORD STANDARD
           BLOCK 0 RECORDS
           RECORD 80 CHARACTE000044         DATA RECORD ES1-COBOL.

       01  ES1-COBOL.
           05 FI000045             PIC X(80).

       FD  ES2DCOPY
           RECORDING F
000046     LABEL RECORD STANDARD
           BLOCK 0 RECORDS
           RECORD 000047RACTERS
           DATA RECORD ES2-DCOPY.

       01  ES2-DCOPY.
     00004805 FILLER               PIC X(80).

my explanation to this is: the prog reads 80 characters, exactly 80
characters, after that it writes the line number an wrties the next 80
chars...
shortly: i want him to read 1st line then write out, read 2nd line then
write out... and so on....
what is my mistake? or doesnt cobc support this function?

help please