[open-cobol-list] RE: Linkage Section and maintaining addressability

From: Roger While
Subject: [open-cobol-list] RE: Linkage Section and maintaining addressability
Date: Tue Dec 6 01:35:04 2005

STICKY is default for the "VS" (and variants), "370", "390" dialects.
NOSTICKY is default for MF, ISO2002, ANSI85 and BS2000 !!

Roger

Sorry, I was used to the "IBM Mainframe compatibility" features. In MFEE, I
think you will find that STICKY-LINKAGE is the default for most (all?)
directive files.  You are correct, however, that the compiler itself
defaults to "nosticky-linkage".