[open-cobol-list] Compile error (Maybe GLOBAL problem)

From: Bill Klein
Subject: [open-cobol-list] Compile error (Maybe GLOBAL problem)
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 23:10:26 -0600

The attached program causes the compiler to have a problem.  ("RelLen" not
found - but it is defined and GLOBAL).

Besides wanting suggestions on what to do to avoid the problem, I have
another question.

I wanted to include the "error message" in this post, but when I tried

cobc -x filetst.COB > errlist.lst

I don't get any output in that file (but do see the error message on my
screen).  As someone who isn't used to "Unix-type" environments, is there a
way to get the error messages from a problem compile into a file?  Sorry if
this is a dumb question, but I just don't know how to do this.