Re: [GnuCOBOL-users] Emacs COBOL-mode on ELPA

From: Brian Tiffin
Subject: Re: [GnuCOBOL-users] Emacs COBOL-mode on ELPA
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 08:26:45 -0500

fred wrote:
> Bonjour,
>
> Peut-on utiliser mysql ou postregsl avec gnucobol ?
>
> Si oui avez vous un exemple ou un tutorial ?
>
> Merci
> Frédéric

Yes.

Start at
http://open-cobol.sourceforge.net/faq/index.html#does-gnucobol-support-any-sql-databases

PostgreSQL has a full on EXEC SQL layer, oceqsl.

MariaDB/MySQL has a couple of access modes, dbpre (a preprocessor) and
an EXEC SQL layer eqsloc.

There is also gpre for Firebird, procob to Oracle and a contrib example
for DB2 by László Erdős.

Plus odds and sods for SQLite and SimpleODBC among others listed in the
FAQ section.

You will be spoilt for choice.  Once you pick one, we'll be here to help
work out any other questions.

Enjoy GnuCOBOL, Frédéric

Have good, make well,
Brian