gnue-dev

Re: [Gnue-dev] geasList.py: class name -> table name

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: Re: [Gnue-dev] geasList.py: class name -> table name
Date: 14 May 2002 16:56:53 +0200

Am Die, 2002-05-14 um 05.37 schrieb Derek Neighbors:
> I think we should use dot notation.  class.method opposed to
> class::method.

As we will support namespaces, references and compound types, we need
(at least) two different separators.

Example:
Module "base" defines a class "item".
Module "sales" extends this class by a field "price", which is a
compound type having a member "currency".

The "full refererence" for this field would be something like
base.item::sales.price.currency

I think that is better than
base.item.sales.price.currency

Thanks,