gnue-sb-discuss

Re: [gnue-sb-discuss] General Ledger and Accounts Payable

From: Derek Neighbors
Subject: Re: [gnue-sb-discuss] General Ledger and Accounts Payable
Date: 26 Mar 2003 00:22:35 -0700

Jason,

On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 21:38, Jason Cater wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'd like to kick off the discussions on GNUe/SB's General Ledger
> and Accounts Payables modules. I have attached my notes from the

Based on the discussions you, myself and Mike had on IRC tonight, I took
the first step.

I took the table listings from ARIA (NOLA FORK), AccLite (NOLA FORK),
Jason Cater NCS 2000 mockup, GNUe SB CVS, Louis' GNUe Accounting
Proposal and Assorted Table listings from Mike to this list, and I tried
to line them up for comparison purposes.  Basically I didnt do field by
field, but I looked at the definitions during comparison so I can
comment on differences.

In some instances you might see one table compared to multiples this
usually is because one of the sources has "expanded" the concept into
multiple tables that was a single table in another source.

I have posted in postscript, pdf and open office calc format here:
http://www.gnuenterprise.org/~dneighbo/table_comparison.ps
http://www.gnuenterprise.org/~dneighbo/table_comparison.pdf
http://www.gnuenterprise.org/~dneighbo/table_comparison.sxc

Perhaps tomorrow we can discuss the results and do some moving.  I
suspect as this takes a higher priority I should update the roadmaps to
show that its moving.  I also need to punch out item management so Mike
can get some price lists printed and buy you for report features! ;)

--
Derek Neighbors
GNU Enterprise

Was I helpful?  Let others know: