Re: Inventory

From: Derek A. Neighbors
Subject: Re: Inventory
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 06:48:00 -0700

Alejandro,

> P.S. Jonas, James, Derek: If we start the development
> of the business objects related to Materials
> Management, do you think we should have a separate
> list for each package or goup of packages?

We have a list by package.  I think this will fine grain enough for
now.  A list of mailing lists can be found at http://lists.gnue.org.
Inventory should fall under the supply chain list.

Also if you are starting a module for inventory _please_ use the
ModuleProposalTemplate and follow the conventions outlined in the GNUe
Module Developers guide.  The template should be where you incorporate
your UML, list your relational structures and outline your biz rule
objects and their methods.

The idea is that the Proposal will become the specification for the
developers and then also serve as the basis for the start of the users
manual.  It is important as we start doing modules that we have
_consistent_ documentation and module formats.  If you have questions,
suggestions or rants on the ModuleProposalTemplate or the ModuleGuide
please let us know. :)  As you will be the first to really test it out,
beyond the core group. :)

Thanks,

Derek Neighbors
GNU Enterprise