Re: UML cooperation

From: vmilitaru
Subject: Re: UML cooperation
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 16:52:10 -0500

* Alejandro Imass <address@hidden> [001024 15:29]:
> DIA

OK for Dia. Though on my end I'll try to somehow feed those diagrams to
RationalRose (the tools it provides are simply too much ... no, it's not open
source). But now that I think about it, we're going to model in UML, right ?
Dia is a general purpose diagrams tool, if I recall correctly. Why not use a
more specific UML tool ? ArgoUML looks pretty good to me (although it isn't yet
implementing all of the UML diagrams). It's open source and is written in Java
(read "runs everywhere"). Have you had a look at that ?
http://argouml.tigris.org/  Well, just a suggestion.

> BTW. My very BASIC proof-of-concept Inventory Business
> Object Definitions are done, except for "little"
> things like the interaction w/ GL and other modules.
> It's all on paper now, but as soon as I get DIA on my
> laptop at work, I will transfer it to DIA.

Well, take your time. For the next two weeks or so my UML skills will be a
little rusty. I'm having some serious reading sessions for the moment, but in 2
weeks I should be more operational. Regarding your work so far on the
proof-of-concept, if by any means you've 'coded' it in some remotely OO
language (SQL, CORBA, XML_DTD, etc.), maybe send that code over instead, and
I'll try to reverse-engineer it in RR, and let RR build the UML model diagrams
instead. (RR is powerful stuff, I tell you).

Talk to you soon,
Vio