Re: UML cooperation

From: Rodrigo Moya
Subject: Re: UML cooperation
Date: 26 Oct 2000 16:18:42 -0100

> This scares me.  That is why its a "community".  If everyone only did what
> they only what they needed how horrible. :(  Example we have submitted
> patches back to several tool and libraries we use.  As well as actively
> submit and work with maintainers on issues.  We like to view tools we use
> as partnerships.  It feels good to give back to them.  Its not like they
> dont need help too. libGDA is an example of this.

I can prove myself that this is true (the help to libgda). Talking from my own
experience, I must say that having such a big project as GNUe put its hands
into helping libgda, has made some of the libgda/gnome-db developers (included
myself) more motivated on what they're doing.

So definitely, what the GNUe people are doing in this way is great for free
software, and although you can disagree with their way of doing things, I think
their behavour should be defended.

cheers