Re: Comments on the HR Draft

From: Jens Müller
Subject: Re: Comments on the HR Draft
Date: 02 Feb 2002 08:34:35 +0100

Derek Neighbors <address@hidden> writes:

> class former_emp:
> Since you are capturing this data, do you want to include pay information
> from last job?  And would you limit this to a single former employer?  or
> during the hire process would you catalog all the data during reference
> checking?  If so would you want to list who you talked to at that company
> and when and what they had to say about the employee.

Please have privacy in mind when designing Gnue.

E.g., about "talking to the former employer": The former employer
writes a report for his employee, and that shoulb be it. I doubt he
_may_ give information to the new employer of his employee.

Having privacy laws in mind will be important if Gnue should be put on
the European market, as European privacy laws are more strict than US
ones (see also the Safe Harbor model).