Re: ERP standards

From: Derek A. Neighbors
Subject: Re: ERP standards
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 08:38:20 -0700

We of course think standards are important. I think the biggest problem is we have a hard time endorsing standards that either:

a. require a fee for membership to give input. as it is against the nature of free software to have to 'pay' to participate in the development of the 'standard', participation should be meritted by one's ability expertise in an area not whether their company can afford the fee.

b. are vendor creator or used by vendors to neutralize a market, specifically the standard is created to cause confusion among those not in the 'vendors' circle

That said, GNUe is highly flexible so it could be made to support almost any 'standard' you so desire. I do not know of this MRPII standard but would love to see more on it, can you either provide a link in a return email or submit it as a story on http://www.gnuenterprise.org ?

Thanks

Derek Neighbors
GNU Enterprise

Ke Deng wrote:

hi,
   How do you think of the ERP Standards(such as MRPII standard written by
Oliver Wight)? Is it important for GNUe?
thanks,
   Sciman.