Frustration

From: Stanley A. Klein
Subject: Frustration
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 18:23:39

Right now, I'm finding that getting GNUe to do anything useful is an
exercise in total frustration.  I have by now installed both pypgsql and
pygresql.  I set up a database structure using pgaccess, so a database
would be there to work with.

No matter what I do, when I start Designer and try to connect to the
database, all I get is a message that the database driver isn't there.  I
have checked every which way I know how and I see the database drivers
where I think they are supposed to be.  The pypgsql driver has a .pyc file
with it, so I know something has been happening there.

I'm glad we didn't get selected to do a demo at the e-government conference
this week or I would have had to cancel it.

I'm using the quasi-cvs install I described in a previous email to the
list.  My system is pretty much a straightforward Red Hat 7.2 with some
outside rpm packages added and updated (such as wxPython, etc.).

Does anyone have any ideas on what to try to get this thing to work?

Stan Klein