[GNUe] Searching for information about GNUe

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: [GNUe] Searching for information about GNUe
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 09:45:01 -0800 (PST)

projet_equitable writes :
>Hello,
Hi!

>I am preparing a fair trade project with little farmers of North
Africa, first based in >Tunisia.

That sounds interesting! can you provide some links and more
description of your relationship and your budget (time, and work
resources at least)?

>We want to implement an ERP, and GNUe is our targeted solution.

Are you looking for help in this project? I am just starting in GNUE
but am looking to sell open source consulatancy services for resonable
prices on a per second of work basis. That way you only pay for actual
work that I do for you. MicroPayment transations would be the way to go
I think.

My 7 years of designing and implementing billing systems for worldcom
and experience with database design and OO modelling will help.

>How can we know when the first GNUe Packages (Financials & Supply
Chain >Management) will be ready, even very approximately ?

I am working on a formal review of the Compiere, aries, sqlledger and
25 other systems  :
aria bbstatus compiere custom dcl freemoney gforge gnucash introspector
ipac phpgw sqlledger weberp xiwa xoops zbc have been ported to
postgres.

A synthesis will be made of these system, a select of the best
candidates to fullfill the requirements of the GNUe will be made. Then
I will abstractly describe the table in a Object Oriented Model and
generate the needed code for that to fill out GNUE with all the options
that are required.

That amounts to a rewrite of the existing opensource ERP landscape.

If you are interested in helping prioritize the different requirements
and tell me what you want first, I would be obliged.
mike

=====
James Michael DuPont
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/