[GNUe] Postgresql

From: Stefan Elwesthal
Subject: [GNUe] Postgresql
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 18:45:10 +0800

Hi all!

Me, a man that definietly prefer MySQL, gave PostgreSQL a try since I noted
some messages saying postgreSQL is better and works better with gnue.

well, after a lot of reading in the tutorial and user guide, I found out how to
run initdb and how to start postmaster with -D and -i.
Then, it took me sometime to issue the 'create user sel createdb password
'MySecret1' command. I then created a databse and did 'grant all privileges on
adressbok to sel'

Now, user sel could use pgsql to insert some values to the adressbok. But, as I
found out, user sel cannot access the data through Gnue without getting errors
about pg_hba.conf (this file, BTW, claims to allow access from all users on

This is probaly not a GNUe error, it's probably me missing a lot of details in
setting up this monstrous piece of code, but could anyone explain while it's
totally ok to access through pgsql and not through GNUe?

Best regards

Check out the latest SMS services @