[GNUe] Unicode problems with intro.gfd

From: konijn
Subject: [GNUe] Unicode problems with intro.gfd
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 09:55:37 +0200

Hi,

I've tried the intro.gfd example in both Windows & Debian and it fails miserably
on the piglatin part.
I checked with same very friendly people on #gnuenterprise and they were not
able to help me find the problem ( on windows )

So, this morning, I tried to find some more information and saw I could change
the exception block to
except:
    print "Unexpected error:", sys.exc_info()[0]

Which gave me when I run the piglatin part :
address@hidden:~/gnue/gnue-forms/samples/intro# gfcvs intro.gfd
Unexpected error: exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError

This happens ( I think , I used print statements to track )
in this line :
    while word[p-1] not in string.uppercase+string.lowercase:

Does anyone have a clue on this ?

Thanks,
T.