Re: [GNUe] Release of GNUe-AppServer 0.1

From: Julio Cesar Gazquez
Subject: Re: [GNUe] Release of GNUe-AppServer 0.1
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 19:59:10 -0300

El Mar 03 Ago 2004 18:13, Reinhard Mueller escribió:
>  Am Die, den 03.08.2004 schrieb Julio Cesar Gazquez um 22:33:
>  > Which are the next short-term objectives?
>  >
>  > Enhance AS further?
>  > Add features to Forms?
>  > Reports? (Probably the roughest and most incomplete GNUe tool at this
>  > time)
>
>  All of the above.
>
>  :-)

Yummy! ;-)

>  Seriously: A GNUe-Forms release with a complete rewrite of the gtk2 and
>  curses frontends is knocking at the door already.

I feel that planned but missing features (or missing from James' Docs ;-) like
importing are more valuable, but any progress is welcome, anyway.

>  Johannes is already
>  working on some cool features for Appserver 0.2, and we all know that
>  Reports needs much more work as does Navigator.

Navigator could be a bit overlooked, but reporting capabilities more badly
needed.

>  Hopefully we will have more capacity to spend on gnue than we had in the
>  last few months.

It's ok, the 2004 release is steady, even when sometimes I feel a bit
disappointed... well you know, as the mail rush some months ago shown, GNUe
tools are a big hope, even more when currently there are no other similar
FOSS project.

--
Saludos

Julio César Gázquez