Re: [GNUe] Problems creating rpm for gnue-common on an FC 5 system

From: Stanley A. Klein
Subject: Re: [GNUe] Problems creating rpm for gnue-common on an FC 5 system
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 14:38:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, July 12, 2007 12:00 pm, Reinhard Mueller <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi, Stan!
>
> Am Mittwoch, den 11.07.2007, 18:33 -0400 schrieb Stanley A. Klein:
>> sh: pygettext: command not found
>> Could not find 'pygettext'. Strange.
>> It should be included in the Python distribution.
>
> The command "pygettext" is missing. It probably is contained in a
> package called python-dev or python-devel or something like that.
>
> I don't know too much about RPM, but I guess there must be a way to
> search which package contains a given command.
>
> BTW, thanks for your effort on bringing GNUe into Fedora! We very much
> appreciate that.

Reinhard -

I found it in python-tools.  The actual command is pygettext.py, so I
fixed that.  However, I ran into another problem:

address@hidden gnue-common-0.6.8]$ python setup.py bdist_rpm
running bdist_rpm
writing 'build/bdist.linux-i686/rpm/SPECS/gnue-common.spec'
running sdist
building ChangeLog
svn: '.' is not a working copy
Unable to retrieve svn log

It is acting like it thinks I'm trying to do setup on a downloaded svn
working copy and not on a tar.gz.  It also shouldn't have needed
pygettext.py because that is for building the translations in the po
directory that are also already there.

The setup.py also looks like it is doing things that it shouldn't need to
do for an ordinary setup, and might not support bdist_rpm.

I'm not sure how far my effort can go, but I'll try a few more things.

Stan Klein