Re: Re[4]: [GNUe] gnue-forms: how to make better

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: Re: Re[4]: [GNUe] gnue-forms: how to make better
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 08:52:17 +0200

Am Mittwoch, den 25.07.2007, 17:41 +0300 schrieb Oleg Noga:
> I am afraid if i make UIEntry as option wx.grid compattible it will be
> very complicated class :)
>
> But thanks, i will work that way.
>
> wx26.UIEntry already have too much constructions like "if isinstance".
> Even addition of RadioBox leaded to code changes in several places.
>
> It would be good to write adapters to all controls created in
> UIEntry. Controls must have common interface. It will allow to remove
> isinstance checks.

Well, of course nothing I say here is set in stone, and probably
everything is subject to discussion. I just want to give you my input.

> RM> BTW, do you also implement the possibility to have grids where one
> RM> record spans more than a single line in the grid?
>
> No just flat grid.
> I generally need it because of context actions like cut/paste
> data block, filter by cell value, find value,
> sort column, ..., ....

Would it be possible to implement multi-line grids using wx.grid? If
not, it seems actually like it would be a step back, since we have
multi-line grids now.

FWIW, I believe that most of the things you list above would be
implementable with the current grid also (maybe except cut/paste of data
block).

> I also intend to add context menues into gnue-forms.

Yes, that's something that I've also thought about.

BTW, I've already got your code and I'll have a look within a few days.
It probably won't be this week, though.

Thanks,
Reinhard