Re: [GNUe] gnu enterprise and lenny

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: Re: [GNUe] gnu enterprise and lenny
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 12:46:21 +0100

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 04.12.2009, 18:03 +0200 schrieb Ullmann d.o.o.:
> invoke-rc.d: initscript gnue-appserver, action "start" failed.

ok, I can reproduce the issue. GNUe AppServer is bascially installed
completely, but when synaptic tried to start the AppServer, it failed
because the database backend is not yet configured.

I'll file a bug in our tracker to at least make the message less
cryptic.

If you want to use AppServer, you have to set up a database and
configure /etc/gnue/connections.conf according to the db you set up.
That's something that can not really be automatized, since in real life,
everybody will want to use a different database backend, on a different
server, with a different password...

Please see the files /usr/share/doc/gnue-common/configuration.txt
and /usr/share/doc/gnue-appserver/configuration.txt how to configure the
backend for AppServer.

If you actually want to use GNUe in 2 tier mode (forms directly
accessing SQL database), you don't have to install gnue-appserver at
all.

Hope this helps, please don't hesitate to ask further questions. You can
also find me in IRC during the usual working hours and often also in the
evening (European time).

Thanks,
Reinhard