gnugo-announce

[gnugo-announce] GNU Go 3.8 release candidate

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: [gnugo-announce] GNU Go 3.8 release candidate
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 17:00:20 -0800

GNU Go 3.8rc1 is available at:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnugo/devel.html

This is the 3.8 release candidate. The engine is
identical to GNU Go 3.7.13 except for this patch:

http://sporadic.stanford.edu/bump/gnugo/patches/gnugo-3.8/brandsma_8.1

Here is the full ChangeLog:

- revisions to montecarlo.texi
- revised .dsp files
- Lee Fisher added to AUTHORS
- WINDOWS doc and install.texi revised per Lee Fisher's changes
- mkmcpat puts 16 items on a line instead of 8
- (unsigned char) and (unsigned short) explicit typings
- missing files added to EXTRA_DIST
- copyrights updated to 2009

This includes both WINDOWS documentation by Lee Fisher,
who used CMake to build on several platforms and took
careful notes. It also include .dsp and .dsw files
supplied to us by Wietze Brandsma. These only work
with older VC++ (Visual Studio 6) and I suppose
after GNU Go 3.8 we should discontinue distributing those.

You still have time to criticise the supplied
Windows documentation (or anything else you see),
though changes to the engine are unlikely unless
you can crash it.

Daniel Bump