Re: [gnugo-devel] Reorientation

From: Gunnar Farneback
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Reorientation
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 22:01:50 +0200

Dan wrote:
> I added this to the CVS. There is a change to gtp.c (a file we
> are careful about) but it looks OK to me.

This change does, but I see I wasn't paying attention to what the
previous reorientation patch did to gtp.c. Those changes introduced
dependencies we don't want in that particular file.

> > Now this should be integrated somehow in the testing procedure.
>
> Yes. Obviously this can be done, but what is the best way?

To introduce a variant of the regression script which takes the
orientation as a parameter and sends an orientation command to the
engine before it continues with the test suite file. Alternatively, or
as an option, it could run the test suite in all orientations using
the same approach.