Re: [gnugo-devel] trevor_1_13.5

From: Trevor Morris
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] trevor_1_13.5
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 16:50:00 -0500

Gads, lots of mistakes here...
Can you correct, or should I re-submit the patch?  I won't have
a chance to get to it until tomorrow.

At 10:36 PM 11/1/2001 +0100, Gunnar Farneback wrote:
>Trevor wrote:
>> +Pattern A208
>> +
>> +xX    defend vulnerable stone.
>> +XO
>> +.*
>> +..
>> +--
>> +
>> +:8,-,value(20)
>> +
>> +xX
>> +XO
>> +.*
>> +..
>> +--
>> +
>> +; oplay_defend(*,*)
>
>Is this constraint correct? It means that O plays at * and then can
>defend if it gets another move in row, i.e. * is a threat to defend
>its stone. I haven't looked at the referenced position, but it seems
>at least inconsistent with the comment to the pattern. Actually it's
>meaningless since there's an automatic safe move check unless the
>pattern is s classified.
Ah, no constraint is probably fine, then.

>> +Pattern A1341
>> +
>> +?X?|          vital corner point
>> +X.X|
>> +X..|
>> +X.*|
>> +...|
>> +___+
>
>Underscore no good, the horizontal edge markers should be dashes.
OK.

>> +#useful in manyfaces:8
>> +#new pattern 3.1.13 -trevor
>> +Pattern D833
>> +
>> +?O?   vital corner point.
>> +O.O
>> +O??
>> +O.*
>> +??.
>> +
>> +:8,s,value(40)
>
>This doesn't look much like a corner and actually rather weird with
>all the wildcards. Is this as intended?
Intended to be a corner position - left off bars.
I'd intended the wildcards, as extraneous B or W stones in those
positions wouldn't necessarily invalidate the position.