Re: [gnugo-devel] (no subject)

From: Gunnar Farneback
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] (no subject)
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 00:31:54 +0100

Arend wrote:
> Here is my list of tests in strategy?.tst that I disagree with (I looked
> through all those where GnuGo fails). (Some overlap with Trevor's
> recent patch in strategy4.tst.)

Thanks. There is one comment I don't agree with though, see below.

> Further down are my suggested patches for the .tst-file (pls tell me if
> I should use other format for your patch; I used diff -Naur and all patches
> are relative to 3.1.13).

No problem with the patch format. Patches against current CVS are
usually better, but against the latest release is good enough.

> Strategy2.tst:
>
> 68: D13 kills, too.

Does it? To me it looks like white D13, black F14 leaves black with
E13 and M16 as miai to make a second eye to go with the one at A15.
White can do no better than to pick up a tail of the dragon then.