Re: [gnugo-devel] Go Diagram Generation Questions

From: Gunnar Farneback
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Go Diagram Generation Questions
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 17:30:44 +0100

Ricardo wrote:
> I'm working on a Go class to generate diagrams of boards, mostly for use in a
> tutorial I'd like to write.  I want to make the class generically useful,
> though, so I have a few questions that might help me achieve that goal:

This mailing list is for discussions about the development of GNU Go,
a free go playing program, so your question is quite off-topic. I
recommend you try your luck at the news group rec.games.go.

> * Is there a way to compute star point locations?  At the moment, I am
>   storing them for given 'common' sizes (9,11,13,17,19)

This question does actually have an on-topic answer. GNU Go uses the
algorithm implemented in the function is_hoshi_point() in the file
engine/showbord.c, which you e.g. can find at this URL:

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/gnugo/gnugo/engine/showbord.c?rev=1.10&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Coordinates start at 0.