Re: [gnugo-devel] trevor_1_20.5

From: Gunnar Farneback
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] trevor_1_20.5
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 21:44:10 +0100

Trevor wrote:
> This upper/lower case convention does seem to be used consistently.
> This case, for example, the letters flip between X & O, depending
> on the attack order.

I guess there's a missing negation in the first sentence. The
convention is that *existing* X stones get upper case letters while O
stones and empty vertices (which are used to place stones of either
color on in the reading constraints) get lower case letters. This is
actually even documented, in doc/patterns.texi: