Re: [gnugo-devel] change

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] change
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 12:24:34 -0800

Wolfgang wrote:

> a question:
> before you credit 30 points for
> change of territory
> shouldnt you check, if the group has any chance of living ?

Of course.

> in my case it was called critical, is this enough ?

What case are you referring to?

Status critical means that the outcome depends on who moves first.
This is precisely the case where a move is valuable.

> (in fact it was dead)
> what is the philosphy ?
> wolfgang

It's not too meaningful to ask a question like this without the
context of a specific example. It sounds to me as if GNU Go
misevaluated the status of a group but unless you show us the
details it's hard to comment.

Dan