Re: [gnugo-devel] Segmentation fault, dragon2 array appears to be corrup

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Segmentation fault, dragon2 array appears to be corrupted
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 16:18:57 -0800

> I can't reproduce this. From your description it sounds very much like
> you have an inconsistent build where different parts of the code have
> different opinions on the memory layout of the dragon2 array. I have
> no idea how or why you have ended up in that state but I bet that
>
> make clean
> make
>
> will solve the problem.

Recently we upgraded to automake 1.5 which has a different
system of finding dependencies. Maybe it's buggy.

When I did the 3.1.20 release, I revised configure.in. Then
I ran autoconf, autoheader and automake and compiled to no avail:
gnugo --version gave me 3.1.19 despite the fact that config.h
had the right version number. So I had to 'make clean; make'.

My impression is that a dependency was missed.

Dan