Re: [gnugo-devel] GnuGO vs HandTalk

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] GnuGO vs HandTalk
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 16:33:42 -0800

> I have GnuGO installed on the Duron and HandTalk 95.10
> installed on the Athlon.
>
> Last night for the heck of it - I decided to play a
> game between the two programs. The only catch was the
> machines are in different rooms of my house.
>
> After 30 moves - I gave up - through exhaustion.
> Tonight - I'll relocate the machines next to each
> other and install the latest GnuGo patch - I'll report
> back on the outcomes of the games.

Great! It will be interesting to have the results of these games.

It is possible that if you have a null modem cable you can play
together over the wire using the Go Modem Protocol. This is the
way computer tournaments are run. I'm not sure that the commercial
version of handtalk supports this, however.

Dan